Saturday, July 30, 2011

BrioCyrain's DOUBLE TIME REVIEWS: From Dust (Demo) and Warhammer 40k: Kill Team (Demo)

After playing two demos off the Xbox 360's Marketplace since both games will be available also either PSN or PC. I would feel guilty after enjoying both demos and finding them both somewhat addicting, not to post reviews of both trials/demos.

Warhammer 40k: Kill Team:
After seeing a trailer for this on the playstation blog, the game kind of exceeded my expectations of what I usually found in Warhammer games. The game not being an RTS this time around and instead a straight up top-down shoot-em-up, the game seemed quite tempting. After hearing that the game would come out August and curious to see if I would want to buy it down the road, I decided to hook up my Xbox 360 and download the trial.

Frankly enough, while the graphics style is reminiscent of both warhammer and warcraft(seeing how warcraft is pretty much a direct rip/competitor of warhammer), the modeling and graphics are very good in my opinion and definitely sets a good tone for the game. The control system is extremely intuitive and it didn't take me long to start mowing down orcs and bashing them with my melee gun. Not only that but each soldier class has a special move/weapon, which mine was just kicking the gun into hyper mode. This hyper mode pretty much turned my gun into the ultimate weapon where waves of Orcs only took like miliseconds to get wasted.

Pretty much as long as you were able to dodge bullets, melee the orcs when they got too close, and used the weapon with prowless and prejudice, with picking up any boosters and healing items, the game was pretty much pure orc carnage. The demo ended with "the unlock" trailer, and I have to say (pun intended) that I was more blown away than the orcs who felt my wrath.

In my opinion?


8+ out of 10.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From Dust:
After hearing that this was not your normal Ubisoft game, and that IGN gave the game a clear 8+ out of 10. I decided to download this demo along side War 40k. Now this game was pretty much competiting with the likes of Spore, a mixture of Strategy and God Simulation that only certain "god game" people would find intrigueing.

The graphics are quite impressive for only being a downloadable, as the detail in even the "mortals" is quite good. The objective of the game was to help the mortals "populate and replenish the earth" while you helped them form land-masses, villages, and even help them fight back tsunamis with god-like powers.

The game unlike other RTS games where you're stuck to one map or village, allows you to either stay at one point and finish challenges, or if you're done populating a map continue to the next one. I found myself going through about 3 maps with the last one being the one with tsunamis, which the pacing never really made the game feel "slow".

The demo ended with another "unlock trailer" and left me with a good impression why IGN found this game fun.

In my Opinion?


8+ out of 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this double-review and I hope it helps my readers make better buying choices seeing how I enjoyed both demos.

No comments:

Post a Comment