Saturday, July 16, 2011

BrioCyrain and the Musical Buff that is.

For all those who know me, if I ever mentioned Ace Combat to you...there was probably 99.9% chance that I would comment on it's epic music. And why not? I consider myself a huge musical buff when it comes to music, even though there are some record labels that I wouldn't listen to if you paid me.

Pre-2000s Disney, Hans Zimmer, Koji Kondo, Keiki Kobayashi, Junichi (Keiki's friend), Masashi, Yoko, Utada, Hitoshi, John Williams, Joris De Man, etc land a mark on how you properly do "epic emotional music". Now you might be wondering if I ever tried composing for myself? Numerous, and more numerous times! I might not be an expert composer but every now and then I pull up the good ol' FL Studio and do some tune-bashing if my ears are right and hitting what I think are the right notes.

Well some of you are thinking, "FL Studio", but I have actually taken music courses, albeit I never finished them due to important reasons. I remember actually taking a singing lesson in kindergarten, which I never quite remember what was the result. I also took band in 4th/5th grade doing the trombone, before having to quit the class after having problems with hyperventilation. I also had a recorder that I would play Epona's song on, and sometimes goof around on my brother's keyboard where every now and then I would hit some nice notes.

Now I'm not saying I qualify as self-taught, but every time I listen to a song I try to figure out the motive and signature usage into my songs...and using these kind of inspirations I can actually get something decent going.

I know I will never be a Keiki or  Hitoshi, but I won't find myself giving up and never try to make a good piece that will satisfy my current inspirations. That's why I find myself wanting to talk to composers more than other kinds of people, because they should have the consideration to know that their music is special and nobody should deprive them of that.

Good day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment