Tuesday, August 2, 2011

(YAKUZA) Ryu ga Gotoku The Best Original Sound Track

After scowering the Sonixgvn site and looking through potential good OSTs, I decided to to try this one seeing how the cover and amount of composers interested me. I knew the franchise must be big if it had around 10+ composers, but I didn't know HOW big.

Let's just say my mind was already blown on the first three tracks, and continued to be blown when a composer I wasn't familiar with called Hidenori Shoji took center stage on the OST. This man's composing and multi-genre prowless could rival that of the great Keiki. I say this because he uses little to none of the "Keiki effect", he uses his own effects with masterful power.

Though some of the songs are weaker yet still good, his tracks gave me the impression that even SEGA knows how to pick some really magnificent composers and keep them "internal".

I have to say beyond those names of Nobuo, Joris, Junichi, Hitoshi, and Masashi...Shoji definitely has the skill and genius to become another instant "God of Gaming".

His tracks are powerful, easy to listen to, and just awesome stuff to rock out to. Also, seeing how the rest of the songs are usually almost as good if not still pretty good, I recommend this soundtrack to anyone who consider themselves a "rocker".

In my opinion?

9.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment