Friday, July 16, 2010

Blacklight: Tango Down 60-minute XBLA trial

Well at first I had mixed ideas about Blacklight. First I heard it was only rated Teen but after seeing a few trailers with blood I was put off by it. So today I decided to search on the XBL Game Marketplace to try the game for myself to see how the gameplay actually was. I was a bit surprised that the blood wasn't as bad as it seemed in the trailers and I became interested in the game again. I did a few tries of the Co-op(alone) and got put in my place multiple times by the AI. After taking a break I decided to try out the online multiplayer component.

It took awhile but I finally found other players in the "Last Man Standing" mode. Basically your typical "die and your dead for the rest of the round" deathmatch. Let's just say there was only once that I made it to the end of the round where the victor ended my prolonged life and won the match again.

After several rounds I tried my hand at the "Domination" mode which for many other games is labeled "Conquest". The point of the game is to capture as many nodes as possible and keep them for your team. There were only a couple of rounds where my team actually won but the battles were quite frantic where players were getting killed by the second. Also players with the shotgun was a menace due to the considerable power and distance the shotgun had...after my time was up I was able to unlock the shotgun and ended up getting a killing spree of around 4 enemies and ending the demo finishing a round with 12 kills coming from the onslaught of my shotgun and spamming grenades.

Me and my Brother plan to get it for PSN/PS3 and play it together, but that will have to wait 'til mid to late august when the PSN/PS3 version actually launches.

No comments:

Post a Comment