Monday, March 21, 2011

Hey You Down There: Auteurs

So basically since the beginning of my aspiring video game career I have always wanted to be the "producer/director/writer" that would be in charge of the designing of my game ideas turned into real games. I just learn there is a "somewhat" official term for the combination of these three designations..."Auteur".

I wouldn't have known this until a company who has a designer who has the same multi-designation who respects people who want to be in my kind of position.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1156413p1.html

When prodded about the growing size of development teams, Cage seemed to stress focus and maturity of the product delivered over the ever-growing size of studios. "If this industry wants to mature and evolve then we need to talk about emotions and work on stories that appeal to all people, not just hardcore gamers between the ages of 15 and 17." He went on to discuss that auteurs are what's needed most in the industry. "We need auteurs, and the biggest problem in this industry is that we don't trust them -- we trust programmers instead."

Thank you mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment