Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CRYSIS 2 MULTIPLAYER DEMO REVIEW

After a few hours of going at the demo, I will go through with my promise of people who requested a review of the demo.

First off, 1080p or 720p...the game is gorgeous! Rendering is sharp and the only model issues present seem to be the stiff death animations(lack of Ragdoll?).

Also unlike some people who found the controls unresponsive most of the time the controls were just as fluid as they needed to be, there was only a few times where I was a bit confused why I couldn't airstomp or slide when other times the commands were functional. Though I wouldn't say this is any worse than the remaining unpatched BF 1943 game. Like any skill game USUALLY being the quickest gun in the west will give you the kill, but due to classes or if you have power mode on you could be eating some lead from a MG and somebody who's "Buffed" themselves. Though I'm not too disappointed as these features were advertised before the demo, so any frustration should not be blamed on the functional mechanics.

That said the game seems like a sped-up UE3 game where the greatest fun comes from the kill streaks, which I had the honor of Smashing and popping a group of enemy players before I was dethroned in almost an instant, which is very common in nowaday games such as Goldeneye for the Wii. This is definitely a shooter where being "in the zone" is the ultimate redeeming quality.

I would like to close that though disappointed that the demo did not reach PC or PS3 services, the extremely large download size of 1.8 GB might have to do with it since Xbox Live is one of the few gaming services that can provide a steady rate of download...I was overwhelmed at first but impressed that the 1.8 GBs only took about 10-15 minutes before I was launch-worthy.

All in all I'm still curious on the single-player content of the game and just how much "beef" this game has.

In My Opinion?

9 OUT OF 10

1 comment: